Thought I would share another favorite recipe of mine since my last one good such great feedback —> [Link] This one is sightly more complicated, but still relatively easy to do. Just follow the ratio of ingredients used and you’ll be fine!! Get ready to make some indulgent, fudgy, delectable, salted caramel brownies! Yes, they are as delicious as they sound… So they are worth the time, believe you me!
- 200 grams unsalted butter
- 100 grams 70% dark chocolate
- 100 grams milk chocolate
- 379 gram can of caramel
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (the rough “crystally” kind) – another another pinch for topping
- 1 pinch of table salt
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 4 eggs (preferably medium sized)
- 130 grams gluten free plain flour (I really LOVE using Peak’s gf flour, but I’m not picky)
- 50 grams cocoa powder
Step-by-step directions to getting this right:
- First things first – preheat your oven to 160 degrees. Also, cover a baking tin with baking paper, and grease it slightly – I use that cooking spray stuff, just to make sure the brownie mix doesn’t stick to the paper. It shouldn’t anyway, but better safe than sorry!
- In a small bowl mix 175 grams of the caramel with the teaspoon of sea salt. The caramel should loosen up when combined with the salt. Put aside for now.
- Put the rest of your caramel in a separate, larger bowl. Add in the brown sugar and eggs. Mix well with a whisk until even.
- Melt both the dark chocolate and milk chocolate – combine with the unsalted butter. Whisk in this mixture well to the previously prepared larger bowl (the one with the caramel, brown sugar and eggs).
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and a good pinch of table salt.
- Sift this flour, cocoa mixture on top of the chocolate mix. Beat briefly until smooth.
- Pour HALF of this newly made brownie batter into the prepared baking tin; level it with a spatula. Using a teaspoon, spoon half of the salted caramel on top of the batter layer in 5 evenly spaced stripes.
- Spoon our the rest of the brownie batter on top of this. Smooth it out, try not to disturb the caramel beneath.
- Top the mix with the rest of the caramel in the same stripy fashion. Drag a skewer or tip of a knife through the caramel to make a feathered pattern on the top.
- Scatter a little more sea salt on top of the whole thing.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. The brownie should form a crunchyish crust, and should have a tiny bit of a jiggle to it when shaken (gently of course).
- Let the mixture cool completely before removing from tin!
- Cut into bite sized squares – enjoy responsibly…. If possible, don’t share! 😉
These really are the richest, most fudgy brownies I’ve ever made and I love, love, LOVE them! Try them out!!!