Ok, so apart from travel, another passion of mine is EATING!!! And, as I’ve already mentioned a number of times in my blog, I am a coeliac. Although nowadays some really good quality nomnoms are available on the market, I still get cravings for some home-made cookies and pie and cake – that’s where the ‘baker’ in me takes over!!! I’m gonna share a recipe of mine for decadent, delicious and very rich, DOUBLE chocolate chip cookies… Proceed with caution… These cookies are yummy but are not for the calorie conscious! We all need a tasty pick me up every once in a while – f*** calorie counting!! 😀
Ok, so here are the ingredients you need:
- 140 grams softened butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup GLUTEN FREE flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder – I use Cadbury’s Cocoa as I know it’s gluten free
- 3/4 cup baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips*
- 1.5 cup white chocolate chips*
*You can add more if you like!!
Ok…. I’m going to break this down into steps for you, to make things easier.
- Get your butter out of the fridge. Leave it out for a while, to get it soft, or else put in the microwave for a couple of seconds, not enough to melt though, just to soften!! Then put the butter in your mixer (or in a bowl if you don’t have a mixer or want to work with your hands!).
- Add the sugar – all of it. That’s 1 cup. Beat with paddle attachment (or K beater) initially on low, then move to medium. If using your hands, just beat until the butter – sugar mix becomes light and fluffy. It always best to scrape the sides of the bowl once or twice, just to make sure your mixture is combining well.
- Add your egg. Then mix again…
- Add the teaspoon of vanilla. Once again, mix…
- Now leave that mixture to the side. In another bowl get your gf flour mix, cocoa, baking soda and salt and sift them into said bowl…. if you don’t have a sifter (I don’t :O), just make sure you’ve mixed in all the ingredients together well!!
- Take this mixture near your other bowl (with the butter/sugar etc mixture) – and combine. DO NOT MIX IN ALL AT ONCE! Take big spoonfuls of the flour mixture and combine with buttery mixture with intervals of beating in between… Use medium speed if using a mixer…
- Add the milk chocolate, and white chocolate chips. Leave about 1/2 of the white chocolate chips out of mixture.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for about an hour to chill it.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees in the mean time.
- After an hour of so, bring mixture out – get an ice cream scooper and take scoops of the mixture – place them fairly far apart on a tray, with baking paper so prevent them sticking to their base.
- Get the left over white chocolate chips and place a few on top of the scoops of cookie mix! This is optional of course, but cookies look cuter this way, and tastier!! 🙂
- Bake until cookies have set – approximately 15 minutes – but keep an eye on the mixture as you don’t want them to burn! You want a chewy, soft cookie, not a rock hard one!
- After removing from oven, let the cookies rest for about 10 minutes before removing from tray and placing on baking rack!
There you have it!!! NOMNOMLICIOUS gluten-free DOUBLE chocolate chip cookies! If you’re feeling extra naughty, get a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream and place on top of these babies to get the best desert ever!! 😀